first time snus user's review of skruf tranbar

Alles zum Thema Snus

Moderatoren: Longcut, General, Michael

Beitragvon wuz am 15.12.2005, 07:31

Hei!

I have tried the same type of snus, and was not very happy with it (taste, effect,..), although there are worse one. If you like tasty snus then try "Catch Dry Menthol" (big portion). It tastes really nice (if you like menthol) and also gives you a refreshing feeling in the mouth. If you like whiskey maybe you should try the whiskey snus (sorry I don't remember the exact name). One thing you should consider, both of these snus are not as strong as "General", so if you want to fight against the desire of cigarettes maybe you should try a stronger one without flavour!
wuz

Beitragvon the_original_prismaster am 15.12.2005, 14:28

catch eucalyptus
catch cassis menthol
catch vanilla + coffee
catch licorice

metropol licorice root
metropol cactus

kicks wild berry
kicks wintergreen
kicks lime

(http://www.northener.com)
the_original_prismaster

Beitragvon Tanis64 am 15.12.2005, 15:28

Hi

As you mentioned it taste a little bit like whisky:
Whisky and snus are very good companions
They complement one another

I like it very much to use my Rallarsnus while sip on a glas of Lagavulin

Greetz
Mit Snus scheint jeden Tag die Sonne!!!!
Tanis64

Beitragvon coldstone am 18.12.2005, 11:12

interstateguy hat geschrieben:Now that I have used it more regularly I am a bit more used to the snus, and enjoy it a bit more,

very good

interstateguy hat geschrieben:but I still have a hard time with the saltyness of it.(...)

aaah, don't blame it on the devil (McD)... it's still your sense of taste that screws your snusenjoyment... snusing? go on with it, i command thee! ;)

interstateguy hat geschrieben:Anyway, some times I take and rinse a new snus portion under water from the faucet for a couple seconds to get some of the salt out. Maybe I am a wimp, but oh well.

actually... you just unleash the snus-god's wrath... but he's got no internet at the moment anyways (he is currently moving, as far as I remember) :)

interstateguy hat geschrieben:I find I still miss smoking, I think I will go back to it after a while, but I an glad that the snus is helping me through this time when I cannot smoke (at least, when I am not cheating)

cheating? you mean by seriously decreasing your lifespan? *g* ye, you just want to get out of this silly earth-thingy earlier than snusers do... don't you do that no more :P

interstateguy hat geschrieben:One good thing about snus is that it lasts a long time. I went to the bar to sing Karaoke last night - first time with no smoking! I only used two portions over four hours. It did not hurt my singing either! :)

hm so... are we glad that we cannot check your singing skill, or should we be sad :wink:

interstateguy hat geschrieben:So I still have a lot of Skruf to go through, but I will consider your advise about different brands when I place another order.

definitely worth it... there will be some force (brand) out there that will cleanse you from the curse of the dark/smokey side. also variation is always a nice thing to have in life, i guess (and it also helps you to unsaltyness your sense of taste, if you try out more snus) :)

interstateguy hat geschrieben:I also appreciate the fact it is discrete, and I do not need to spit. I can use it at the office and nobody even knows!

indeed... and it is also less cancerogene than dip-bandits... definintely a feature, not a bug... and just in case you need to scare off a female, bite on the pouch and spit like a baseball pitcher :P

interstateguy hat geschrieben:I mentioned the salty taste to my wife. She reminded me of a story when back at college, a girlfriend had given her some kind of Scandanavian candy to try, and it was very salty and supposedly was fish flavored!

She says the snus is salty because Scandanavian folks must like things that are really really salty! I do not know if this is true, or if there is such a thing as a Scandanavian fish flavored candy - maybe it was supposed to be something else. But it is a funny story I think. :wink:

bummer... so i am not a krautlike but a mooselike creature now?... gotta get my dna checked, i suppose.

and errr my sillyness at the moment comes from excessive non-sleeping/snusing and sh**loads of coffee, sorry about that *grin*

you could check out the brand "Ettan" as well. in my opinion it is a very mildish snus without any flavouring but tobacco (well i like nonflavoured snus better in general so i cannot recommend any fruity ones... but tranbär seems to be my anti-brand so far ;) ). besides that it is quite an old snusbrand... highly traditional :P
In Snus we trust :)
coldstone

Beitragvon wuz am 18.12.2005, 11:45

Scandinaviens don't appreciate salty stuff, but it is true that they sometimes have a weird taste!
wuz

Zurück zu Schweden Snus